Lafarge Open Space
Better known as the gravel pit, Lafarge Open Space, is located 4434 Pear Point Road, across the street from Jackson Beach. This area is undeveloped and available for limited uses only. In 2007 this 55-acre former gravel pit was donated by the Lafarge Corporation of North America to the San Juan Island Park & Recreation District for eventual development of a public park.
- Area is open dawn to dusk.
- Access is at your own risk and limited to walking on the graded roadways only.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Please no BIKES, ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO.
- Dogs do not have to be on a leash, but need to be under control per County Ordinance 19-2006.
Restrooms and drinking water are not available. If you notice anything that needs attention please call Island Rec at 378-4953. Enjoy your visit!